N Street Village relies on donated items to serve our clients. Receiving items through donations continues to keep the N Street Village operating budget as low as possible. All donated items are distributed free of charge to the women who use our services. All in-kind donations to N Street Village are tax-deductible. Thank you for continuing to support the work of N Street Village through your generous giving! The in-kind wish list is updated weekly.
Make a Donation
N Street Village accepts fully functioning, gently used, and new in-kind gifts based on the needs of our community. In-Kind Gifts are accepted by appointment Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Contact at Heidi Gauthier firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-939-2075 to schedule a drop off time or for additional donation assistance. Out of respect for our community, please do not drop off in-kind gifts without first contacting the In-Kind Gifts Office.
We are unable to pick up donations. The delivery of your items is greatly appreciated.
Shop when you want to and avoid making a drop off appointment by shipping directly to N Street Village! Check out the N Street Village Wish List.
Run a Donation Drive
Would you like to run an in-kind donation drive for N Street Village? Donation drives are great for neighborhoods, youth, congregations, schools, corporations, or individuals that want to get involved! This is one of the best ways for N Street Village to stock up on much needed items all year long. Download N Street Village's guide filled with tips on running a successful event. Please contact Heidi Gauthier at email@example.com or 202-939-2075 prior to launching your drive to guarantee your drive collects items most needed by our community.
Top 10 In-Kind Donation Needs
Many of these items can be purchased from our N Street Village Wish List.
- Winter boots (new, gently used sizes 8 and up)
- Standard sized pillows (new)
- Washcloths (new)
- Bath Towels (new)
- Travel sized hand lotions
- Travel sized deodorant
- Travel sized bar soap
- Larger size women's underwear (new, sizes 10-12)
- Cleaning supplies (bathroom and kitchen cleaner, sponges, disinfectant wipes, floor cleaner)
- Travel sized toothpaste
Due to overwhelming support, we currently cannot accept:
- ALL large size toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bar soap)
- ALL clothing with the exception of the items listed in the Clothing and Accessories section
- Shoes with a heel
Clothing and Accessories
- Sweatshirts, sweaters, and long-sleeve shirts (sizes large-6X)
- Fleeces and down vests (sizes large-6X)
- Jeans, sweatpants, corduroys, and leggings (sizes 14 and up)
- Winter scarves, gloves, and hats (new)
- Underwear (new, sizes 10-12)
Bed/Bath and Health/Beauty
- Bath mats (new)
- Shower curtains
- Shower hooks
Cleaning and Building Supplies
- All purpose cleaners: Lysol All-Purpose Cleaner, Clorox Kitchen and Bath Clean-up, and Fantastic
- Oven cleaner
- Dishwashing liquid
- Vacuum cleaner
- Dust pans
- Swiffer duster refills
- Disinfectant wipes
Entertainment and Electronics
- TV antennae (new)
- Light bulbs
- Journals and day planners
- AA and AAA batteries
We accept a variety of food donations from canned items, fresh produce, prepared casseroles, and snacks for our day center. Please check expiration dates on all donations.
We cannot accept expired food. We are a community for women in recovery; therefore, we cannot accept any items with alcohol in them or alcohol references.
Preferred food items include:
- Canned food items - pasta sauce, brown rice, dry beans, canned salmon and chicken, tuna, low sodium canned vegetables, canned fruit in own juice, prepared casseroles, and snacks for our day center.
- Fresh produce
- Snack food - crackers and popcorn
- Breakfast - whole grain cereal, oatmeal, complete pancake mix, maple syrup, grits
- Beverages - diabetes friendly drinks, tea, coffee, fruit juice
- Spices - black pepper, garlic powder, olive oil, vegetable, and various cooking spices.
- Gift Cards to Giant or Whole Foods
- Healthy snacks for Bethany Women’s Center
Over the Counter Medicine and Vitamins
- Mucinex (tablet form)
- Gas X
- Stool softener
- Sugar free cough drops
- Prilosec OTC (omeprazole)
- Glucagon diabetic tablets
- Fiber pills
- Milk of Magnesium Tablets
- Diabetes specific: Test strips for Bayer Contour meter, Glucagon glucose for hypoglycemia (in tube or tablets)
- Anti-fungal cream
- Medical tape
- Face masks
- Visine eye drops
- Eye solution
- Reading glasses (1.50-2.0,2.5,2.75)
- Ace bandages
- Bunion pads
- Sugar free gum and candy
- Nicotine lollipops
- Patches and throat lozenges