We are overwhelmed with gratitude by the generous outreach we have received from so many of you this week – we have been humbled and heartened by every call, email, social media share, and donation. In this moment of trial for everyone, it feels especially profound just to know that you are reaching out with such immediacy and kindness. Thank you for being a community anchor in this unprecedented moment.
Here at the Village we are continuing to serve our clients and residents during this ever-changing time, while doing our best to ensure the health and safety of our employees. We made the hard decision to shut down all non-essential programming, and our incredible staff has been working around the clock to ensure we can meet the basic needs – meals, laundry, showers and shelter – of the hundreds of women we serve each day across our five locations in D.C.
While we are unable to accept volunteers until further notice, there are several ways you can continue to support the Village during these trying times. We look forward to welcoming volunteers back as soon as possible.
– Keep Safe: You are the fabric of our Village family and the heart of our city.
– Make a direct donation to allow us the most flexibility in responding to this evolving situation.
– Help us spread the word about our adjusted services and hours. You can do this by following us on social media and sharing updates as we release them.
– Donate In-Kind supplies. Check out our Amazon Cleaning Supply Wish List or contact Donna-Marie Thompson (email@example.com) to schedule a drop-off appointment.
– Use this moment to raise awareness among friends and colleagues about the needs of those experiencing homelessness and their specific vulnerability to COVID19.
None of our work would be possible without your continued support of the Village. We will keep you updated over the coming weeks. Please reach out to Stuart Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns as we navigate these uncertain times. We are wishing you and your loved ones safety and well-being, and also wishing healing for our whole needful world.